Misha proposed this past weekend to Missy after about 10 months of dating!! They've known each other exactly a year now where they met on a mission trip in Ukraine where Misha is originally from. He's been planning this for weeks and got me in on it about two weeks ago... it has been SO HARD keeping it from Missy. First because I tell her
everything and second because she can read me like a book. But we managed to keep it somewhat a suprise.
So Misha's sister, Natasha and her fiance rented a condo in Weeki Wache which is right outside of Tampa for the weekend. There were 10 of us that went down to hang. Me, Missy, Misha and a bunch of our friends. The house was amazing! There were 6 bedrooms, 4 baths, a closed in pool, jacuzzi, game room, big screen TV, pond in the backyard... everything!
So Saturday night Misha was diligently working on the fireworks (which is not unusual seeing as he is a Nuclear Engineer) while we were all hanging out and eating. Finally about 11 o'clock we all walk outside in front of the house to shoot of the fireworks where Misha's show was set up. There was a huge board with fireworks strapped to it and Misha pressed his ghetto-rigged remote control to start it. It said 'Will you marry me?' in fireworks... but it didn't quite work the way he wanted it to... Here are some of the pictures I took from that night.

The ring box

The ring


This was the start of the fireworks.

This was suppose to say 'Will you marry me?'
But it kinda blew up and caught on fire...

She never really said 'yes' by this point,
but we all pretty much knew her answer.

Admiring her ring :)

I love this picture of them!!

Poor Misha was so nervous he
had to change shirts because
it was soaked in sweat!

Missy's friend Alona
was SO happy for her
and Misha.

Missy & Alona

Missy, Alona, & David

I think she
may like it just a little.

They were both glowing :)

Misha & Missy


The hefer got a manicure right before
we left for Tampa. Said she wanted
to be 'prepared.'

Going to check out the scene of the
fire the next morning.

Thought this was cute.

The proposal site.

This is the condo we stayed in.
Absolutely beautiful!

Missy & Misha


There was ash EVERYWHERE! They
even had to bust out the fire extinguisher!
Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! Congrat to Missy!! It really was "meant to be" just think if she never would have went on that trip.....
ReplyDeletecute couple! cute cute cute!
How exciting!! They are super cute together! Tell her I wish them all the best!
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOOVE it! The pictures are awesome, and tell Missy that dress was super hott! Congrats to them and to new beginnings! Yay for love!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures were great!! Thanks for taking so many. I enjoyed them, it made me think I was there. Can't wait! I love them both so much and am excited about this so much.
ReplyDelete