Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 2 of Cleansing Diet!

Okay. Day 1 is winding down. And it hasn't been that bad and my body actually feels better! I really can tell a difference! The only thing is the headache from lack of caffeine... did I mention I'm cutting out coffee too? Which is HUGE for me. Going from anywhere to 2-3 cups a day for the past at least five years to absolutely none, of course I'll have a headache. I just do not want to be addicted to it anymore. So today was day 1 of the detox, day 2 of no coffee!

So today's detox went really well considering I was at home most of the day AND we had a cookout at my grandparents' house... a typical 4th of July dinner with bar-b-que chicken, potato salad, baked beans, chips and dip, yummy rolls, key lime pie, pound cake, AND homemade ice cream. VERY tempting so I brought steamed broccoli and ate a baked sweet potato before leaving the house. I even served the dessert to the family and didn't taste any of it. I was very proud of myself!

So Day 2 (July 6th) I will eat:

Breakfast:
Hot cup of water with a slice of lemon
Granny Smith Green Apple

Mid morning:
Veggie Juice

Lunch:
A large bowl of fresh fruit salad, to include apple, grapes, mango, and some berries.
And a handful of fresh, unsalted cashews; a mug of mint tea.

Mid Afternoon:

Veggie Juice


Dinner:

Glass of Radiant Lemonade and Simple Pasta Marinara

2 comments:

  1. Pasta? I thought you couldn't have any carbs/sugar/yeast?

    Glad you are doing well! 1 1/2 days down 1 1/2 days to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's veggie pasta... you use zucchini as the pasta noodles.

    ReplyDelete

'